Custom column on general stats table

Hi, is there a way to add a column onto the general stats table? I can see that there is a hidden: false property but I can’t find how to add. If this isn’t possible, then I guess the next best thing is to make my own custom table and to hide the general stats table?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @lskatz,

If you’re talking about within Custom Content files, you just need to set plot_type: 'generalstats'. Docs here:

It worked! I just had to add #plot_type: 'generalstats' to the metadata in my custom table. Thank you!!

1 Like

This works, but I was wondering if there’s a way to override what is in the file.

my usecase:

I generate one metrics file, but want two different reports, in one report the data (from said metrics file) should exist in a section of it’s own, and in the other report I want it in the generalstats table.

Can I control this via the input yml? or do I need to generate two different files?

I guess this is a question of “Separate configuration and data files”. You can see an example of this here.

I’m not 100% sure if this will work though, as you’ll need to get MultiQC to parse the same file twice and it might not like that.

If you struggle then I suspect having separate files will be the easiest approach :+1: Or using MultiQC in a Python script or similar.

Thanks @ewels. The page you linked to doesn’t talk specifically about redirecting a table/column from a custom table to the general stats. I’m still unclear about how to do that (if it’s possible)

No, it talks about how to add to General Stats from a custom content file, using a combination of eg. a YAML file + separate MultiQC config.

I’m not suggesting you redirect anything, that’s not possible. I’m wondering if it’s possible to independently load the file twice and parse it twice using different custom config configurations. Make sense?