Fusion support for Azure Blob Storage

At the Boston 2024 summit, a slide was featured comparing speeds of Fusion filesystem to others that included Azure Blob, and there is an option on the Seqera cloud platform GUI for Fusion v2 with azurebatch executors when creating a compute environment. However, I do not see any information about Azure Blob storage support in the Nextflow documentation. Is there official Azure support for Fusion filesystem?

Note we are not ready to transition fully to using the Seqera cloud platform/tw launch for our pipelines and typically run them using the Nextflow executable. We have an academic license for Seqera cloud.

Thanks!

Hi Kathryn, I talked to the Fusion team; the good news is that Azure is indeed supported and there is an internal ticket to produce documentation describing how to use it effectively. I don’t have a timeline for that unfortunately, but will press them to get something out quickly.

Good news, there is now a pull request with improved documentation for this! It has yet to go through review but since it’s public you can already go see it; feel free to comment in the thread if there is anything that is unclear (this might be the best time to get feedback/clarifications).

Thank you so much for all your help! I’ll definitely be reading through that PR and tracking it :slight_smile:

1 Like